Monday, July 19, 2004

limits of infinity

So scheduling getting an IUD is kinda like taking the limit of an infinite function as it approaches infinity. It just keeps getting further and further away. You think you have almost reached the appointment only for them to cal and postpone it again. The first time they had me scheduled with the wrong Dr, then they had to order it (3 weeks!), now they haven't gotton it in yet. It isn't thier fault as they can't control the shipping time but I am leaving the state in a week and will have crappy health insurance after that. Health insurance that won't cover the cost of an IUD. It seems like such a simple solution. Perhaps I can get them to give me the stupid thing or ship it to me and I can find a dr who will insert it in Texas. I can't have any more little ones right now. My poor husband. After this week he won't see me for almost a month. Unless he drags home a little sororiety girl, he will be lonely. And now for the next week, I have to use condoms or that terrible spermicide for birth control. ewwwww.

We celebrated our two year aniversary the other day. We have been together for almost four years plus two from before when we broke up. I am glad we didn't get married the first time around. We would have beeen quickly divorced. Rather we both went away for awhile, found ourselves and realized what we were missing. When he first wanted to get back with me, I was very frustrated and didn't want any part of it. I am very independent and strong. I hate being made to feel guilt and don't want to rely on others at all. I wanted to be alone and be free of any obligations to a man. I had my tiny man of course but he is a special case! I pushed him away for several months. We would have dinner, agrue about something and rather than being sweet and apologizing I would just leave-free. Within an hour he would call me and say how sorry he was and that he loved me and wanted to be with me. I didn't mean to change him or make him whiny, but I refused to deal with his previous self. He had to learn that he will not always get his way and that things will at times go my way. If I am going to be invoved with a person as odd as he, I have to have some level of control over the relationship.

In the end it worked out. He moved with me across the country from friends and family to a place he hated. The first year we fought a lot. Sometimes over small things, but mostly over dumpling. My little dumpling, it turns out has ADHD and always has. He got kicked out of two daycares and finally went to regular school which is much harder to get kicked out of. He is doing really well now since we understand how we can help him florish, but back then it was so hard to know what to do. So me and my mate fought like banshees about what was the right answer.

After about a year we stopped fighting, we would go off in a huff and not speak for a couple of hours. Now mostly I give him nasty looks for about three minutes and he then proceeds to tackle me and tickle me and tell me that he is sorry and loves me and doesn't want to fight. I then apologize and we cuddle and figure out what to do about whatever the disagreement was.

After two years in the artic tundra, we got married. He was out riding his bike, fell down and busted his nose open pretty badly. He came home and we butterfly bandaged it together and I told him not to go to the hospitol as they can't do much with a broken nose till the swelling goes down anyways. I think. Anyways, his insurance sucked and mine was really good. I told him that since he would likely need surgery on his nose, we should get married so it would be covered. We Stomped down to an Ohio courthouse and got hitched. Our minister was this funny little black preacher who took our little disposable camara and in between asking "Will you take this woman" snap snap of the camara "to be your lawfully wedded wife" snap snap he took pictures. Then we went to bennigan's for lunch. I am far happier with this courthouse-crazy minister-absentee bridesmaids wedding than the traditional wedding. Now my husband tells everyone that we got married after he recieved a head injury.

My three friends knew they couldn't come to the wedding due to my delightfully asocial husband so they threw me a bachelorette party-without me there. They went to Target and bought these three pretty blue dresses and then made me a beautiful bouqaet. They also got totally trashed it seems and appointed AX to be my maid of honor. She raised her wine glass and gave a drunken speech-they showed me the pictures-later they returned the dresses to Target. Tacky maybe but fun all the same!

I have such great friends and am blessed to have a wonderful husband and a naughty silly little dumpling. I don't think this week can get any better. A new, good job, dumpling is in the school I want him to go to, I will have an apt surrounded by trees, I got beautiful photos taken of me and had a great time BBQing for my friends who came over last night. Plus, it looks like the stupid project at work is finally going to successful. My tarot card was the World on this little quiz I took and it sounds very appropriate.