Monday, November 09, 2009

Pain, Fe vs Fi and cortisol

Today I am sick. I have a sore throat. This morning it was really hurting. Then mentally I tried to tell myself the pain was not real.

Within 30 s the discomfort decreased from a 10 to a 1. At the same time I noticed that my left shoulder, stopped hurting. I have bursitis and anytime I bend over it flares with agony-not quite icepick style but bang your finger with a hammer style.

I combined the thought that the pain was not real with the idea of supressing the Fi mist. Quell everything and observe external.

I am in an Fe stoned ass zone right now. None of my joints hurt, I am so calm, my motions are so much more coordinated. My toddler broke a glass on the floor. Instead of feeling frustration, I felt very calm and just cleaned it up and told him it was okay.

Twice before in my life have I felt this way. Once when taking cortisol, and once when on valium just after having an endoscopy.

Today's theory:
Fi and Fe are just a sliding continuum regulated by cortisol levels. The more cortisol produced, the calmer you feel, the less pain you feel due to less inflammation overall, the more energy you have to play social masking games-or is this actually the norm???? However cortisol depresses the immune system, thus hypothetically an Fe user will get sick more-thus from an evolutionary perspective die off. If depressed it will be of the chronic type that responds well to SSRIs and is thought to be due to overproduction of cortisol.

An Fi user produces less cortisol, and has a much more reactive, stronger immune system. This allows them to survive illness better evolutionarily. However you would expect more chronic pain/inflammation due to nonspecific immune activity, more true autoimmune disease. Also pain will be felt more accutely. The same injury really will hurt an Fi user more than an Fe user. Other trends-Fi users will be more likely to exhibit chronic fatigue syndrome. Mentally Fi users will rely upon adrenlin rushes to help counter the lack of cortisol-Te rage/frustration. They will also be prone to anxiety more. They will feel emotional pain more strongly and without the calming, controlling effects of cortisol, will externalize.

Qs:
1) why does Fi love feel so different from Fe love?
2) what about Te users vs Ti users and tert Fe vs Fi?