Monday, November 09, 2009

an ENFP vs an ENTP interview

We recently interviewed two potentials for my bosses' position-Director of Marketing. The first was an ENFP, with a well developed tert Te, but very polished and well rounded Fi. The other was an ENTP with a lot of Ne and not so much Fe, who went on several Ti walks and left us all behind.

I loved the ENFP as she was very good, but we also need more Fi, not more tert Fe.
I could have been great friends with the ENTP though as she was very clever and actually looked to be a lot of fun.

Other people's thoughts:

the ESFJ and ISFJ both liked the ENFP better but felt she was wearing a mask and questioned what she would be like on a bad day. In other words would she be mean. They could sense the tertiary Te.

The ENTP really disliked the ENFP. First he said she was weak. I couldnt get a clear answer for what he meant by this. Then he mumbled that she would be controlling. He uses tons of tertiary Fe, and what I have seen seems to hold true-tert Fe and tert Te do not go well together.

The ESTP-her boss-only looked at her resume and the fact that she had the exactly right background to push one product into one marketplace. data, data, data, and a total lack of understanding of the big picture.

The INFJ actually said "I feel for her" with respect to the entp, as I think she was picking up on subtle Fe vibes of distress that I was missing. However she agreed the ENFP was the better choice given her well roundedness.

Just interesting to observe.